Thursday, July 31, 2008

24 march2007

24 march 2007 - a special day in my life which pushed me from college life to a corporate life. Yeah that was the day I got placed in Satyam computers services ltd., On 22nd march 2007, Thursday, our class started with usual gossips and confab. At 12 noon, our placement officer Mr.AJAY entered the classroom and informed students, to come n collect the hall ticket at 1 pm for the Satyam placement drive to b held at SA ENGG COLLEGE, the very next day...
I was consciously absent and had no idea how to prepare for it. After returning home and browsing for some ques paper pattern in Freshers world website, I was confident that i can face the first level test without fear.

23 march, Friday, we all friends met at Guindy and reached SA ENGG COLL. We reached the test hall at 10 and gave our test. It contained totally 15 ques out of which at least, 4 must be right and there was negative markings too. I did 5 sums correctly which were of logical, probability, figure sum and a math ques. Then I attempted all d 15, in a thought that if at least 2 is correct then 8 can b wrong. After waiting for a long time, the aptitude test results were announced at 4 pm. I was praying god that I should get rejected on that day(Friday) or get placed on the next day(Saturday). Somehow me and Shalini cleared the test.

On 24 march, Saturday, myself n shalu visited SA engg coll for next rounds. We heard that still 2 more rounds to go. Knowing nothing about the GD topics, we sat idle on the lawns with shivering hands . Then in the GD round, my team was given the topic "is dress code to b followed in coll?". We were totally 10 members in our team and we together had only 8 min to discuss on the topic.A gal from savitha engg coll initiated the GD and said agreed that dress code should be followed, then continuing her a guy and gal, I was struggling long to get my chance to talk and whence got,I just disagreed with my friends on the topic. I said "dress is a part of college life, if v go abroad or on-site to represent our company or country v must wear formals only,so its not much necessary to b followed in college life"...after fighting for 8 min and exiting d room I felt like, I was in a coma for sometime and came out. I was unable to recollect whatever happened in the GD session. Shalini also experienced d same.After the GD results were announced, I was quite normal, but tears rolled on shalini's cheeks which reflected too on me. In the mean time v gone through and referred some topics in c, c++, java, blah blah..Atlast I was the first to be called for hr round. That hr fired so many ques, I tried to ans many and say it was almost like a stress interview. I was confident that I shall get placed in Satyam. That evening was very worst that v did not have lunch, or any snack from morning, just filled our stomach with college well water. When the final results was announced at 9.45 pm,our names were called out in series priya, shalini, arsha booshan. No limits for my happiness on that night, we became "satyamite"!. It was one of the happiest moment which I can never forget in my life.

Thanks to my college, placement officer, and to SATYAM as well.

4 comments:

Aslam said...

oh nice... and touching.

Well, it must have been very exciting to go through the whole experience.
But what about the others, expecially the guys who made through? and also the few who came so close and missed it...
oh well... thats the way the ball rolls.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations first of all.
And oh,

"no limits for my happiness on that night..v became "satyamite" "


Touche.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'd like to offer you a position with us. May be, the CEO, cos you know Eric is not felling okay with the job. Feel free to write to us.

Yours truly,
Larry.

the way i view said...

few guys had d next round in company .. and i feel pity on those who came closely and missed it..